CM and Budgit® Hand Chain Hoists
Shop Bestselling Hand Chain Hoist Products
CM Series 622 Hand Chain Hoist
- Very simple trouble free design
- Hoist provided with hardened load chain
- Compact hoist design, low headroom and lightweight steel construction for easy installation, even in confined spaces
- Load brake requires no lubrication-Weston Type
- Cover on Hand Wheel
- Hoist provided with forged swivel hooks with latches
- One-year warranty
- The number one choice for use on construction jobsites
BUDGIT® Hand Chain Hoists - Made in the USA
BUDGIT® Hand Chain Hoists were engineered to combine various materials with special shapes and incorporating features to ensure greater strength and ruggedness, true efficiency, smooth operation and greater reliability. The BUDGIT® hoist is a division of CM.
BUDGIT® Hand Chain Hoists boast features like:
- Light weight.
- Frame made from tough aluminum alloy casting with high strength qualities.
- Hand chain wheel cover of heavy pressed steel with special shape to guide the hand chain through gag-resistant operations.
- A proven Weston Type load brake design for fine, sure control.
- Protection from excessive overloads utilizing a standard overload device.
Hook Suspension Hoists
BUDGIT® Hook Suspended Hoists are lightweight and compactly designed for portable, hook-on, use anywhere type service. Utilize a plain push trolley or beam clamp for a quick versatile suspension.
USA Army Type Trolley Hoist has the advantage of decreasing the headroom with close coupled trolley connection. The trolley hoist delivers tighter headroom where just a couple of inches greater lift is of utmost importance.
USA Army Type Trolley Hoist is a variation of the hook suspended hand chain hoist. Rather than the standard hook suspension, trolley hoists have a lug suspension to permit a rigid mount trolley to be attached to the hoist…making up the trolley hoist unit. Trolley can be either a push or hand geared model.
The 1-ton model, because of its compactness, requires a special hand chain wheel extension for the chain wheel to clear a monorail beam. Subsequently, the trolley for the 1-ton unit includes anti-tip guide rollers to prevent trolley tipping when the hand chain is pulled to raise or lower loads.
Frame: The frame of the USA Series Hoist is a tough, impact resistant, lightweight, heat treated, permanent mold cast aluminum alloy. The frame is heavily proportioned, designed primarily for rigidity to hold the gears and bearings in close alignment. The frame with the covers encloses all operating parts protecting them from dirt and the weather.
Overload Device: The chain wheel, in addition to having pockets accurately formed to receive the links of the hand chain, also forms a part of a unique patent pending overload device as a standard feature. The overload device is calibrated for the capacity of the hoist and factory installed as an added measure of protection for the load, hoist, and operator.
Gearing: The gearing is straight spur for good efficiency. The gears and pinions are generously proportioned and precision cut from alloy steel and heat treated for maximum strength and durability. All gears are grease packed in a grease tight gearcase.
Load Brake: The automatic, screw actuated, Weston-type load brake holds the load under all conditions and permits fine smooth control in lowering. The brake is self-adjusting with the friction washers long wearing, requiring low maintenance.
Load Sprocket: The load sprocket and sprocket gear are machined from one-piece steel forging. The chain guide is a heat-treated, spring steel, flexible guide which provides heat-treated smooth surfaces that flex in the frame, controlling the load without binding.
Load Chain: Closely calibrated chain links of special analysis alloy steel formed and heat-treated for unusual strength, carbonized for long wear and usage. The links are accurately formed to fit the pockets of the load sprocket.
Hand Chain: The hand chain is welded steel and zinc plated for corrosion resistance and “clean hands” operation. The chain links are accurately formed to fit the pockets of the chain wheel, for gag-resistant operation in the chain wheel and guide arrangement.
Hooks: The hooks are drop forged steel and are tough and ductile so that they will open noticeably when subjected to excessive overload. They are full swiveling, and each is equipped with a spring type hook latch.
Spark and Corrosion Resistant Models: Spark and corrosion resistant models are designed for service in certain hazardous atmospheres and areas where resistance to friction sparks is vitally important. These models have: bronze alloy hooks; bronze block sleeve or aluminum lower block; special chrome nickel stainless steel alloy load chains; and aluminum or bronze hand chain.
Capacities: 1/4 to 6 ton
Designed for long life with minimum maintenance, the BUDGIT® USA family of hand chain hoists’ outstanding features include: lightweight, tight headroom, overload device standard, easy operation. The ¼ through 6 ton models are of the same basic construction and consist of a cast aluminum frame which houses an automatic load brake, spur gear reduction, and load sprocket with chain guide. Suspension hook is full swiveling.
Spark and Corrosion Resistant Models
Spark and corrosion resistant models are designed for service in certain hazardous atmospheres and areas where resistance to friction sparks is vitally important. These models have bronze alloy hooks, bronze block sleeve or aluminum lower block, special chrome nickel stainless steel alloy load chains, and aluminum hand chains on 1 through 6 ton models, or bronze hand chains, on 1/4 to 1/2 ton models.
CM Cyclone Hand Chain Hoist-Made in the USA
One of the most popular and reliable hoists ever designed, the Cyclone combines superior engineering, efficiency and durability. Available in a variety of capacities from 1/4 ton to 10 tons, Cyclone features:
- Most interchangeability of parts in the industry
- Standard Load Limiter for simple, automatic overload protection
- Enclosed contoured Weston-type automatic brake for positive load control
- High-efficiency spur gearing for greater lift with minimum effort
- Rugged Hoistaloy chain for added strength and durability
- Fully machined, forged lift wheel pockets for easier lifting and smooth free chaining
- High-strength aluminum alloy castings in frame and covers
- Inspected over 75 times to meet or exceed HMI and ASME/ANSI performance and safety standards
- Standard hand chain drop is 2 feet less than lift, (example: 8 foot lift hoist has 6 foot hand chain drop)
- Chain containers, zinc-plated load and hand chain, aluminum un-welded hand chain, Latchlok hooks, bronze hooks, eye-type suspension, Bullard hooks and units without Load Limiter optional, depending on capacity
- Lifetime warranty
- Metric rated
- Made in U.S.A.
Contact Ergonomic Partners to help select the right manual chain hoist or chain fall along for your application.
Ergonomic Partners services, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, and Oklahoma.