Zero Gravity Tool Balancers by Equipois
ZeroG Tool balancers are perfect solution for applications with suspended tools such as welders, pneumatic tools, grinders, sanders, buffers, drills, torque wrenches, rivet squeezers and hand tools. ZeroG Arms are used when the precision and control of a pneumatic balancer or spring balancer is just not enough.
Please visit our tool balancer jib page for more information on the jib kits to be used with these units.
Our ZeroG tool balancer technology enables the most versatile tool in existence – the human hand guided by the human mind – by providing ways for workers to control objects in their environment with less exertion and more precision.
Allows the user to maneuver objects as if weightless, greatly reducing exertion and increasing precision
- Can transform almost any task where humans have to lift objects that are too heavy for long-term safety
- Human-powered – No electricity, air or hydraulics • Intuitive – lets employees use existing skills and experience
Why Choose a ZeroG Tool Balance Arm?
Reduces workplace injuries
- $125+ billion annual U.S. problem
- Shoulder injury cost employer $80-120k in direct costs
- Injury = waste. Best place to save money
- Executives report return of $3 or more for each $1 spent improving workplace safety
Increase worker productivity
- Allows heavier, more powerful, faster tools
- Can use combined or multiple tools
- Can use tools for longer periods
- Decrease task time
Better employee utilization
- Accommodate aging workforce
- Lengthen career of duty-restricted employees
- “Guiding, not lifting”
- More efficient shift organization
- More precision – using fine motor skills, not gross
- “High touch and high exertion don’t go together”
ZeroG4 holds tools or parts from 8 to 30+ lbs.
- Grinders, sanders, buffers, drills, torque wrenches, rivet squeezers, etc. ZeroG2 (coming Q1 2009) holds tools up to 10 lbs., as well as supporting just the human arm
- Lift adjustment allows the arm to cover wide weight range and provides assisted lift (force multiplier)
- Proprietary line of gimbals allows wide range of tools to be maneuvered with ideal freedom of motion
- Wide variety of installation options – stands, slides, carts
Aerospace Case Study
Customer Industry/Description of Problem
- Manufactures spun metal components for aerospace applications
- Processing of jet engine nacelle requires (3) separate manual precision grinding tasks that total 8 hours
Known Data regarding the Application
- Use of Dotco pneumatic sander
- 8 –hour grind time per part
- Implement a larger electric grinder
- ZeroG4 on a master tool stand
Reasons for Final Solution Selection
- Provided the use of a heavier more efficient tool
- Cycle time reduction and sanding pad reduction
Customer Benefits (ROI)
Ergonomic Partners services, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, and Oklahoma.