R&M Spacemaster Wire Rope Hoist – 1/2 to 80 Ton Capacity
Spacemaster Wire Rope Hoists Product Overview:
The R&M Spacemaster SX hoist is a reliable electric wire rope hoists with an innovative design. It has a large drum diameter, giving this R&M hoist the lowest headroom and best wheel loads in the industry while providing near true vertical lift for a single reeved hoist.
R&M Hoist Features Include:
- Low maintenance sealed brakes
- Two-speed hoist motor with 6:1 ratio
- High motor starting torque for hoisting application
- Trolley inverter control
- NEMA 3R rating for electrical enclosures
- Two-component epoxy paint is standard
- Hoist motor is Class F insulated
- The trolley drive is totally enclosed, grease lubricated and is designed to be maintenance-free.
- Trolley wheel bearings are permanently lubricated
- Spacemaster SX hoists are designed to meet and exceed either ASME H3 or ASME H4 duty ratings
Spacemaster SX Wire Rope Hoist Configurations
- Normal headroom
- Low headroom
- Double girder trolley designs
- Single girder trolley designs
- 1/2 - 80 ton (500 - 80,000 kg) capacities
- Lifts starting at 13 feet (4m) to 320 feet (100m) and beyond
- Lifting speed range 10/1.5 to 62/10 fpm (3/0.5 - 19/3 m/min)
- 208, 230, 460, 575/3/60 or 380/3/50 power supply
- Single-reeved or double-reeved
Spacemaster Hoist Ease of Operation
The larger drum diameter provides near true vertical lift with only 1/8 inch drift per foot of lift. The Spacemaster hoist's larger drum provides consistent smooth movement and better vertical positioning. This R&M hoist design also means a shorter frame length, allowing closer end approaches.
The trolley motor's standard inverter control offers two-speed multi-step or infinitely variable speed control for smooth acceleration and deceleration, minimal load swing, fast, efficient handling and accurate load placement.
Safety Features Include:
- Electromechanical load limit switch prevents the lifting in excess of 110% of rated capacity.
- 4-position hoist limit switch includes an innovative phase mismatch protection circuit that prevents the block from running up and damaging the R&M hoist in the event of phase reversal
- Sealed dust-proof brakes require little adjustment
- Hardened ground gears, thermal motor protection, exceptional rope life and ergonomic hook block design with sturdy safety latch contribute to the hoist's safe operation and increased reliability.
What does a larger hoist drum do for you?
A drum/rope diameter ratio of approximately 40:1 minimizes rope flex, reducing wear and extending rope life. The Spacemaster hoist drum's large diameter contributes to a reduction in frame size and weight. Also, the placement of the electric rope hoist motor inside the drum allows airflow through the drum for optimal motor cooling.
Double girder trolley
Superior clearance and headroom for double girder crane applications.
Normal headroom trolley
An ideal selection for monorails and jib crane applications. Hardened wheels for patented track applications are also available.
Low headroom trolley
The best solution for single girder cranes; its compact design provides maximum space-efficiency.
Ergonomic Partners provides R&M Spacemaster SX Wire rope hoists in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, and Oklahoma.