R&M Spacemaster Wire Rope Hoist – 1/2 to 80 Ton Capacity
Spacemaster Wire Rope Hoists Product Overview
The R&M Spacemaster SX hoist is a reliable electric wire rope hoists with an innovative design. It has a large drum diameter, giving this R&M hoist the lowest headroom and best wheel loads in the industry while providing near true vertical lift for a single reeved hoist.
What does a larger hoist drum do for you? A drum/rope diameter ratio of approximately 40:1 minimizes rope flex, reducing wear and extending rope life. The Spacemaster hoist drum's large diameter contributes to a reduction in frame size and weight. Also, the placement of the electric rope hoist motor inside the drum allows airflow through the drum for optimal motor cooling.
R&M Hoist Features Include:
- Low maintenance sealed brakes.
- Two-speed hoist motor with 6:1 ratio.
- High motor starting torque for hoisting application.
- Trolley inverter control.
- NEMA 3R rating for electrical enclosures.
- Two-component epoxy paint is standard.
- Hoist motor is Class F insulated.
- The trolley drive is totally enclosed, grease lubricated and is designed to be maintenance-free.
- Trolley wheel bearings are permanently lubricated.
- Spacemaster SX hoists are designed to meet and exceed either ASME H3 or ASME H4 duty ratings.
Spacemaster SX Wire Rope Hoist Configurations
- Normal headroom trolley: An ideal selection for monorails and jib crane applications. Hardened wheels for patented track applications are also available.
- Low headroom trolley: The best solution for single girder cranes; its compact design provides maximum space-efficiency.
- Double girder trolley designs: Superior clearance and headroom for double girder crane applications.
- Single girder trolley designs
- 1/2 - 80 ton (500 - 80,000 kg) capacities
- Lifts starting at 13 feet (4m) to 320 feet (100m) and beyond
- Lifting speed range 10/1.5 to 62/10 fpm (3/0.5 - 19/3 m/min)
- 208, 230, 460, 575/3/60 or 380/3/50 power supply
- Single-reeved or double-reeved
Spacemaster Hoist Ease of Operation
The larger drum diameter provides near true vertical lift with only 1/8 inch drift per foot of lift. The Spacemaster hoist's larger drum provides consistent smooth movement and better vertical positioning. This R&M hoist design also means a shorter frame length, allowing closer end approaches.
The trolley motor's standard inverter control offers two-speed multi-step or infinitely variable speed control for smooth acceleration and deceleration, minimal load swing, fast, efficient handling and accurate load placement.
Safety Features Include:
- Electromechanical load limit switch prevents the lifting in excess of 110% of rated capacity.
- 4-position hoist limit switch includes an innovative phase mismatch protection circuit that prevents the block from running up and damaging the R&M hoist in the event of phase reversal.
- Sealed dust-proof brakes require little adjustment.
- Hardened ground gears, thermal motor protection, exceptional rope life and ergonomic hook block design with sturdy safety latch contribute to the hoist's safe operation and increased reliability.
R&M Spacemaster Hoist Documents
Ergonomic Partners provides R&M Spacemaster SX Wire rope hoists; serving clients from coast to coast, Canada, Mexico and especially focused in the states of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, and Oklahoma.