Zero Gravity Tool Balancers
Ergonomic Zero Gravity Tool balancers are perfect solution for applications with suspended tools such as pneumatic tools, grinders, sanders, buffers, drills, torque wrenches, rivet squeezers and hand tools. Zero Gravity Arms are used when the precision and control of a pneumatic balancer or spring balancer is just not enough.
Our ergonomic Zero Gravity tool balancer technology enables the most versatile tool in existence - the human hand guided by the human mind - by providing ways for workers to control objects in their environment with less exertion and more precision.
Allows the user to maneuver objects as if weightless, greatly reducing exertion and increasing precision
- These arms can transform almost any task where humans have to lift objects that are too heavy for long-term safety
- Most of our arms are Human-powered - No electricity, air or hydraulics • Intuitive - lets employees use existing skills and experience
Zero Gravity Part Manipulator Arm
The Zero Gravity Part Manipulator Arm/Lift Assist device takes care of lifting and moving materials where standard cranes or hoists will not work. The part manipulator arm is also available in a variety of weight range capacities and reach requirements.
Zero Gravity Arm with Gimbal Mount
The Gimbal mount adds 4 additional rotation points to an end effector on the arm while counterbalancing the tool weight. When a tool is mounted into a Gimbal on the Zero Gravity arm, the combination provides a smooth and almost weightless application.
Why Choose a Zero Gravity Tool Balance Arm?
Reduces workplace injuries
- $125+ billion spent in the U.S. annually on worker injuries
- Shoulder injury cost to employers $80-120k in direct costs
- Injury = waste. Best place to save money
- Executives report return of $3 or more for each $1 spent improving workplace safety
Increase worker productivity
- Allows heavier, more powerful, faster tools
- Can use combined or multiple tools
- Can use tools for longer periods
- Decrease task time
Better employee utilization
- Accommodate aging workforce
- Lengthen career of duty-restricted employees
- "Guiding, not lifting"
- More efficient shift organization
- More precision - using fine motor skills, not gross
- "High touch and high exertion -don't go together"
Zero Gravity Tool Arms hold tools or parts from 8 to 60 lbs.
- Grinders, sanders, buffers, drills, torque wrenches, rivet squeezers, etc.
- Lift adjustment allows the arm to cover wide weight range and provides assisted lift (force multiplier)
- Proprietary line of gimbals allows wide range of tools to be maneuvered with ideal freedom of motion
- Wide variety of installation options - stands, slides, carts
Aerospace Case Study
Customer Industry/Description of Problem
- Manufactures spun metal components for aerospace applications
- Processing of jet engine nacelle requires (3) separate manual precision grinding tasks that total 8 hours
Known Data regarding the Application
- Use of Dotco pneumatic sander
- 8 -hour grind time per part
- Implement a larger electric grinder
- Zero Gravity on a master tool stand
Reasons for Final Solution Selection
- Provided the use of a heavier more efficient tool
- Cycle time reduction and sanding pad reduction
Customer Benefits (ROI)
Ergonomic Partners services Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Arkansas, Mississippi, Nebraska, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa, and Oklahoma.